Planning a wedding is overwhelming. Even though there are many fun and exciting decisions along the way, you also need to be careful. You are making large investments and signing contracts with service providers you will need to work with for months. Ensure you have a positive experience with your wedding photographer by asking them these key questions before booking.
What Questions to Ask a Photographer for your Wedding
First and foremost, you want to find a wedding photographer you click with (no pun intended)! Your wedding photographer is with you the majority of your wedding day during the most intimate moments. Make sure you enjoy them and their business philosophy! Ask them questions about their photography style and how they work.
- How would you describe your posing style?
- What kinds of couples do you like to work with?
- What are some of your favorite weddings to photograph?
- What wedding color palettes work well with your editing style?
Make sure you understand the details of your agreement before signing! Ensure there are no hidden fees and that you’re getting what you expect. Also, be sure to level-set on delivery times and how many photos you will receive so you know what to expect.
- What exactly is included in your wedding package(s)?
- What are your payment plans or when are payments due?
- Are there any caps or maximums to the number of photos I’ll receive?
- Can I see a full gallery from a previous wedding you have photographed?
- How do you deliver your photos?
- When can I expect my final photos?
- How long will I have access to my photos? How long is my gallery available?
These are the not-so-fun but important questions to ensure you are making a safe investment with a photographer who conducts a reputable business. If the photographer can confidently answer these questions, you are in good shape! Don’t feel bad for asking these kinds of questions. If anything, the photographer should respect how prepared you are. Also, after receiving answers to these, make sure the photographer’s contract reflects what they told you.
- Do you back up your images?
- Do you have backup equipment in case something goes wrong on our wedding day?
- What would happen if you got sick on our wedding day or had a last-minute conflict?
- What is your cancellation or reschedule policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
As you can see, there are plenty of answers you should get answered before booking with a wedding photographer. Now, you are armed with knowing what questions to ask a photographer for your wedding. Make sure your investment goes to the right resource by asking the right questions!
For more wedding advice, check out my other wedding planning blogs!